These are for sure my new breakfast obsession!
I’ve honestly never been much of a pancake person…but maybe it was the whole process of making them in the morning that shoved me away from the whole idea. Every once in a while though I get an intense craving for a sweet, fluffy and oh so comforting breakfast…
This is officially the recipe I’ll be turning to from now on when that craving comes up!
Why are these the easiest pancakes? Well there are literally only 3 ingredients that you need…and the rest is up to you!
I first stumbled upon these pancakes on Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom!
- 3 Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 3 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 3 large eggs
Other optional ingredients include:
- 1/2 tsp. Truvia – This gives you a slightly sweeter pancake.
- Chocolate Chips
- Apples and Cinnamon
- Any fresh/frozen fruit you like!
- Start by mashing the bananas in a bowl. I use a good ol avocado masher!
- After the bananas are mashed up nicely, add the almond butter and the eggs. Mix, mix, and mix some more until everything has come together to resemble a pancake batter.
- If you’d like to add the Truvia, or any other sugar/sugar substitute, add it to the mix now!
- To cook these treat them just like a regular pancake. I use an electric griddle, but feel free to use a skillet on the stove top!
- Spray your griddle or skillet liberally with non-stick spray, and then using a tablespoon scoop, dish the pancake batter onto the hot surface. Cook them on medium high heat, flipping them after about 1 1/2 minutes. You’ll see lots of bubbles rise to the surface of the pancake…usually once those bubbles have popped it’s time to flip!
- The reason I make them small is just because I think they turn out better…plus mini versions of things tend to be way more fun.
These are super simple…which means they are very tough to mess up!
Let me know if you have any questions!